WHO COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE?
We collect information from you on the Website, and we are responsible for protection of your information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
When you interact with the Service, we may collect certain data about you. This data falls into 2 broad categories:
- data about you which you give us; and
- data about you or the way you interact with the Service, which is collected by us electronically (collectively “User Information“).
We may collect information about you:
- when you enter such information while using the Service;
- when you interact with our customer service team;
- if you choose to provide information relating to reviews or ratings, favourite sports, tournaments, teams, events or personalities, and/or other subjects of interest to sports fans;in relation to your account settings;when you set preferences in the ‘My Details‘ section of our app or website;when you otherwise provide information to us through the Service or elsewhere.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
We, whether directly or through third party suppliers, collect information regarding your use of our Service, including but not limited to:
- your interactions with our website, applications, emails and customer service team;
- your payment method, including details of your payment country, payment type and the history of any failed/successful payments;
- information regarding use of the Service, including information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our website or apps, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- your entry details for a competition or promotion;
- details regarding your interactions with customer services, including the date, time and reason for contacting us, your name (as you provide it to us), the last 4 digits of your credit card, debit card or direct debit bank account or the obfuscated email address (if you use PayPal as your payment method for the Services), and also the expiration date of your credit or debit card (if you pay for the Service via one of these methods);
- device IDs or unique identifiers, location data, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, ad data, website and app navigation, IP address and standard web log information;
- the language choices made by you in relation to your use of the Service which may include information relating to your location when using the Service;
- information from your social media profile to populate your manager page on our website or apps, and where you choose to register with us using your social media logins;
- the details of any third-party digital property (such as a website that referred you to the Service, together with information about how a user interacted with any online and email marketing campaigns related to the Service);
- information and communications on forums on the Service, including chat rooms and message boards;
- information we collect using cookies stored on your device about how you use our Service and/or selected third party websites. For more information please see the Cookies section below;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us or our affiliates;
- the types of devices you use to view the Service;
- behaviour on our Service as you click around our website or application (such as the type of content you view, how frequently, at what times etc); and
- online and email marketing campaigns related to the Service that you receive or subscribe to.
There are certain services, for example, Courtside 1891 that you will only be able to access by registering with us. To register with us, you must provide us with at least your first name, last name, email address and password. You may have the opportunity to voluntarily provide additional information during registration such as your date of birth or a profile picture etc. to help personalise your account and so we can provide you with more customised services.
You may also create an account with us via Facebook, Google or Twitter and if you choose to do so you shall be subject to Facebook’s, Google’s or Twitter’s respective privacy notices, and other such policies which govern your use of Facebook, Google or Twitter and their right to use your personal information as amended and added from time to time.
HOW AND WHY WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the User Information for three main purposes: (i) to operate and improve the platforms and to ensure that we can provide the Service; (ii) to optimise the content on the platforms; and (iii) send marketing and show advertising to our users.
More specifically, we will use the User Information to do one or more of the following things:
- administer our website and apps;
- provide the Service you have requested;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the Service for you;
- recommend goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you or contact you in order to conduct market research (but only where you have requested us to do so);
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, cheating, and money laundering and enforce our terms;
- notify you about changes to our Service;
- contact you in order to conduct market research (but only where you have requested us to do so);
- send out email alerts, text messages or device notifications in relation to our Service;
- send you prizes won via our website or apps, and supply to you services purchased via our Service;
- send notices and invoices to you, and collect payments from you (which may be via a third party supplier);
- display game play information to other users of our service;
- provide third parties such as Google with statistical and other information about our users as required to operate the Service (this information will not be used to identify any individual user);
- deal with enquiries and complaints (including via a third party supplier customer service team);
- provide our commercial partners with information about users’ use of co-branded services, including historical use data;
- comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and otherwise to respond to any relevant regulator or competent authority as required by law;
- understand customer trends and patterns; and
- develop aggregate analysis in respect of our users and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of the DAZN Group and FIBA so that we can perform analysis of our customer trends and patterns. We may also, where you have given your consent and allow other members of the DAZN Group and FIBA to contact you with relevant offers, competitions and latest news.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors in connection with providing the Service to our users (for purposes including, but not limited to, the provision of customer service and payment processing).
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Service.
- in the event that we sell the business operating the Service or it is integrated with another business, in which case we may disclose your User Information to our advisers and any prospective buyer’s advisers as well as to the new owners of the business.
- in order to prevent fraud, cheating and money laundering we may disclose your User Information to third parties including, but not limited to, any relevant regulator, gaming and sporting bodies, financial institutions and law enforcement agencies or any other body that deals with the investigation of alleged offences; and
- where we store your User Information.
We may share your information as may be required by law, for example with our professional advisors, lawyers, insurers, regulators and other authorities, or as we think necessary to protect our organization or others from injury (e.g., in response to a court order or subpoena, in response to a law enforcement agency request, or when we believe that someone is causing, or is about to cause, injury to or interference with the rights or property of another);
WHAT CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE SHARE?
We share only the categories of Personal Data required for us to carry out our internal site operations or as necessary to render our Services that you have requested. These categories include your contact and registration information, financial and transaction information, information you process through our Services, and your technical and usage information. As discussed above, the categories of third parties with whom we may share such Personal Data include our service providers, suppliers, business partners, affiliates and professional advisors, as well as law enforcement.
We understand that the security of your User Information is important to you. When handling User Information, security is paramount and we seek to ensure that User lnformation is protected through appropriate technical and organisational measures. We use reasonable administrative, logical and physical controls, including password protection, to safeguard your User Information against loss, theft and unauthorised access, use or modification.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your User Information in accordance with applicable law, we cannot guarantee the security of your User Information.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION?
After registering for an account on the Website, you may log-in to the account and edit your Personal Data in your profile. For instructions on how you can further access your Personal Data that we have collected, or how to correct errors or inaccuracies in such information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also promptly stop using your Personal Data and remove it from our servers and database at any time upon your e-mail request. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access, making corrections or removing your information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Information which you provide may be transferred to our group companies, commercial partners, suppliers or agents located outside your country. We will ensure adequate protection of personal data transferred outside of your country as required under applicable laws. For example, if you are located in the EEA or in the UK, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal data in these circumstances.
In addition, User Information that you submit for publication on our Service will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
We do not knowingly collect any information from any minors, and we comply with all applicable privacy laws for collecting Personal Data from minors. If you have concerns about this Website or its Services, wish to find out if your child has accessed our Services, or wish to remove your child’s Personal Data from our servers, please contact us at email@example.com. Our Website will not knowingly accept Personal Data from anyone under 13 years old without consent of a parent or guardian. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to us, we will make efforts to delete the child’s information. If you believe that your child under 13 has gained access to our Website without your permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As mentioned above, we and/or selected third parties may contact you with information about offers, products and services that might be of interest to you (but only if you have consented to receive such marketing). If you have consented to receiving marketing communication by either (i) ticking the marketing box when you signed up or (ii) ticking the marketing tick-box within the My Details section of our website, and then confirming this via email, but you no longer wish to receive these notifications you can also click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICATION LAW
In the event that the provisions of this Data Protection Notice conflict with the provisions of third-party similar documents, the provisions of this Data Protection Notice shall prevail.
This Data Protection Notice and all matters arising out of or related to this Data Protection Notice shall be governed by the substantive laws of Switzerland, without regard to conflicts of laws and principles thereof.
Any controversy, claim or dispute between you and FIBA arising out of or relating to this Data Protection Notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Court of Arbitration of Sports of the City of Lausanne, and each party hereby irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction and venue of such Court.
ANNEX TO PRIVACY NOTICE
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EEA AND SWISS INDIVIDUALS
What is personal data?
“Personal data” is information about you (a “data subject”) the use of which is governed by applicable data protection laws. It will include any information from which you can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as your name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or other information about your identity. Most User Information will constitute personal data.
Who is responsible for your data?
The Data Controller responsible for all marketing and analytics activity is:
Fédération Internationale de Basketball (FIBA),
Route Suisse, 5,
PO Box 29,
FIBA are responsible for the marketing and analytics of the Courtside 1891 service and process personal data to achieve these purposes.
What is the legal basis on which we rely to process your data?
On some occasions, we process your data with your consent (for example, when you agree to participate in our surveys and other activities or when you give us consent to send you marketing communications or to deal with your enquiries).
On other occasions, we process your data when we need to do this in order to fulfil a contract with you (for example, to make available to you the requested content or for billing purposes) or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract (for example, verifying your information).
We also process your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. For example, we may process your personal data in our legitimate interests to ensure that our Service is provided efficiently and in a user-friendly and personalised manner taking into account user feedback, data and profiles, unless consent is required for any such processing under applicable law. We will
process personal data to ensure the security of our business and the information of our users, and to ensure the proper and efficient administration of our business.
Finally, we will process your personal data where we are required to do this by law (for example, where we have to fulfil anti-money laundering requirements or disclose information under a court order).
Where we use third party suppliers (for example, for the processing of payments), we ensure that appropriate contractual mechanisms are in place with that supplier to govern the supplier’s handling of your personal data.
How long is your data retained?
FIBA keep your data for only as long as required to provide you with the necessary Service you have requested and to fulfil their obligations under applicable law. This means that data will generally not be kept for longer than six years following your last interaction with us.
At any time you may contact us for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase it or to transfer it to other organisations at your request. You also have rights to object to some processing including profiling and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. Where you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the legitimacy of the processing conducted prior to your request.
Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you have a right to object to this. Where we make a decision based solely on automated processing which significantly affects you, you may have the right to contest the decision, express your point of view and obtain human intervention.
These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data.
Please use the contact information set out in our Contact section above. We will aim to respond to your enquiry in a timely manner unless otherwise required by law.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to the relevant data protection authorities (in the case of the UK, the Information Commissioner).