BCL Week 7 Preview – Pinar Karsiyaka host Strasbourg and Galatasaray face off Hapoel Jerusalem in 9-game week
- → Week 7 starts in Izmir, where Pinar host unbeaten Strasbourg for Group E leadership.
- → Galatasaray host Hapoel Jerusalem behind closed doors in Bosnia.
- → Bursaspor and Hapoel Holon face off in crucial Group F matchup.
- → Tortona looks to become 2nd ever Italian team to win their first 4 BCL games.
- → Rytas Vilnius host Promitheas looking to even the score.
Pinar Karsiyaka – SIG Strasbourg Preview
- → Tipoff at 17:30 GMT on Tuesday November 28th , 2023.
- → Game to take place at the Mustafa Kemal Atatürk Karsiyaka Sports Hall in Izmir, Turkiye.
- → Group E matchup between 2-1 Pinar Karsiyaka and 3-0 SIG Strasbourg.
- → Pinar Karsiyaka is currently 2-0 at the Atatürk.
- → SIG have never won their first 4 BCL games before.
Currently unbeaten SIG Strasbourg travel to Izmir to take on Pinar Karsiyaka. Vernon Carey Jr and Errick Mc Collum will be looking to even the score after SIG Strasbourg had the upper hand in the reverse fixture at the Rhénus Sport.
Phil Booth is the player to watch for the visitors, with at least 15 points scored in his first three BCL appearances this season. Can he make it four for the first time in his career?
Read the full Pinar Karsiyaka – SIG Strasbourg preview by Courtside 1891.
Igokea m:tel – UCAM Murcia Preview
- → Tipoff at 17:30 GMT on Tuesday November 28th, 2023.
- → Game to take place at the SD Laktaši Arena in Laktaši, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- → Group H matchup between 2-1 UCAM Murcia and 0-3 Igokea m:tel.
- → Igokea m:tel are on a 6-game losing streak, their longest-ever in the BCL.
- → UCAM Murcia looking to notch first road win in the 2023-24 BCL.
UCAM Murcia, in a magic moment domestically and internationally, are looking to extend their positive streak as they face Igokea m:tel.
The Bosnians, failing to translate their Adriatic League form to the BCL, with a 0-3 record that leaves them with their backs against the wall. Read the Igokea m:tel vs UCAM Murcia full preview on Courtside 1891.
EWE Baskets Oldenburg – Filou Oostende Game Preview
- → Tipoff at 19:00 GMT on Tuesday November 28th, 2023.
- → Game to take place at the EWE Arena, Oldenburg (Germany).
- → EWE Baskets Oldenburg currently on an 8-game losing streak
- → Oostende looking for 2nd win to potentially catch Pinar Karsiyaka.
Things are not going to plan for EWE Baskets Oldenburg, currently winless in Group E of the BCL. Currently 1 and 4 in the month of November, the Germans are facing a tough slump continentally and in the Bundesliga.
Facing tough luck, Pedro Calles’ team lost all three games by margins of five or fewer points. They will need to do better to win their first Basketball Champions League game as they host Filou Oostende. DeWayne Russell, having scored 17+ in each of his previous BCL games for Oldenburg, will be looking to take the reins of the Germans’ offense.
For the visitors, Pierre-Antoine Gillet has been consistently outputting double-figures, with three 10+ points games in Group E.
Watch EWE Baskets Oldenburg – Filou Oostende live on Courtside 1891.
PAOK mateco – SL Benfica Preview
- → Tipoff at 17:30 GMT on Wednesday November 29th, 2023.
- → Game to take place at the PAOK Sports Arena, Thessaloniki (Greece).
- → Group G matchup between 2-1 PAOK mateco and 1-2 SL Benfica.
- → SL Benfica blew out PAOK at home with a 94-72 win.
- → PAOK looking to win third straight home game in the BCL.
PAOK have dropped their only Basketball Champions League game this season to SL Benfica in the reverse fixture. As they host the Portuguese champions, the Greeks look for consistency in their group leadership pursuit.
SL Benfica will be hoping for a repeat of Ivan Almeida’s 28-point night at the Pavilhão Fidelidade when they lace up at the PAOK Sports Arena.
Read the full PAOK mateco – SL Benfica game preview on Courtside 1891.
Bursaspor Info Yatirim – Hapoel Holon Game Preview
- → Tipoff at 18:00 GMT on Wednesday November 29th, 2023.
- → Game to take place at the SD Laktaši Arena, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- → Group F matchup between 1-2 Bursaspor Info Yatirim and 2-1 Hapoel Holon.
- → Bursaspor Info Yatirim looking for a win to force a four-team 2-2 tie.
- → Hapoel Holon looking to win for a top spot in Group F.
Bursaspor Info Yatirim and Hapoel Holon lock horns in the most unpredictable group of the 23-24 BCL. Despite a 0-2 start continentally, the Turkish side has found their footing in November, racking up a near-perfect November, barring their loss to Galatasaray in the Turkish League.
Hapoel Holon have tasted defeat in their previous outing in Lugo, where Breogan had the upper hand, confirming the Israelis’ poor record on Spanish soil. They will want to make up for it as they take it to Bursaspor to claim first place in Group F.
If they fail to do so, it will be a 2-2 four-way tie after Gameday 4 in the BCL in Group F. Read the full Bursaspor Info Yatirim – Hapoel Holon preview on Courtside 1891.
JDA Bourgogne Dijon – BK Opava Game Preview
- → Tipoff at 19:00 GMT on Wednesday November 29th, 2023.
- → Game to take place at the Palais des Sport Jean-Michel Geoffroy, Dijon (France).
- → Group B matchup between undefeated JDA Dijon and winless BK Opava.
- → David Holston eyeing 400 assists milestone in the BCL.
- → Opava still looking for first road win in the BCL.
Dijon are looking like clear-cut favorites in Group B as they host 0-3 BK Opava, having allowed a BCL-high 318 points over their three contests in the Basketball Champions League.
Led by David Holston, two assists shy of the 400 mark in the BCL, the French outfit are currently undefeated continentally, and will look to remain so against winless BK Opava. Barring any surprises coming from Vilnius, the gameday 5 matchup when Nenad Markovic’s players travel to Patras will decide who gets out of Group B on top.
Watch JDA Bourgogne Dijon vs BK Opava live on Courtside 1891.
Rytas Vilnius – Promitheas Patras Game Preview
- → Tipoff at 19:15 GMT on Wednesday November 29th, 2023.
- → Game to take place at the Avia Solutions Group Arena, Vilnius (Lithuania).
- → Group B matchup between 1-2 Rytas Vilnius and 2-1 Promitheas Patras.
- → Vilnius looking to make homecourt advantage felt in the Basketball Champions League.
- → Promitheas looking for 3-1 ahead of Gameday 5 match against Dijon.
Promitheas Patras pay Rytas Vilnius a visit in their fourth BCL game of the season. The road trip to Lithuania is typically a hard one, as Vilnius won 6 of their last 6 games at the Avia Solutions Group Arena.
Rytas Vilnius can look at the game with confidence, knowing the Greeks are on a four-game slump when playing away from home in the BCL. Ilias Papatheodorou, chasing his 40th win in the competition, will be turning to Anthony Cowan for instant impact off the bench: the Maryland product is the only player coming off the bench to have scored 15+ points in all his three games this season (per Opta).
Rytas Vilnius will count on veteran Keith Hornsby and Gytis Masiulis, leading all scorers with 12 ppg in the BCL, but also Martynas Echodas, who managed to score 10+ in nine of his ten BCL home games, per Opta.
Watch Rytas Vilnius – Promitheas Patras live on Courtside 1891.
Bertram Derthona Tortona – Tofas Bursa Game Preview
- → Tipoff at 19:30 GMT on Wednesday November 29th, 2023.
- → Game to take place at the PalaFerraris, Casale Monferrato (Italy).
- → Group H matchup between 3-0 Bertram Derthona Tortona and 1-2 Tofas Bursa.
- → Tortona looking to become 2nd Italian team to win their first four BCL games.
- → Tofas Bursa looking to stay alive in Group H.
Bertram Derthona Tortona still have not tasted defeat in Group H of the Basketball Champions League, and will look to follow Virtus Bologna’s steps in winning their fourth game as they host Tofas in Casale Monferrato.
The Turkish side, with 2 wins and 6 losses in their last 8 BCL games, want to tie their wins and losses record ahead of the 2nd half of the group stage.
Tofas Bursa will be looking to make their bench performance count: with 43 bench points per contest, they are averaging 15 points more than in any of their previous campaigns.
Bertram Derthona Tortona will count on Mike Daum to provide again when they face Tofas: shooting 66.7% from deep, Daum has provided a double-double (15+10) for the Italians in the reverse fixture.
Watch Bertram Derthona Tortona vs Tofas Bursa live on Courtside 1891.
Galatasaray EKMAS – Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem Game Preview
- → Tipoff at 18:30 GMT on Thursday November 30th, 2023.
- → Game to take place at the SD Laktaši Arena, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- → Group G matchup between 1-2 Galatasaray EKMAS and 2-1 Hapoel Bank Jahav Jerusalem.
- → Jerusalem won the reverse fixture 96-99 in Belgrade.
- → Galatasaray EKMAS looking to tie their win and losses record.
Galatasaray EKMAS have been crying for consistency both in the Basketbol Süper Ligi and in the BCL this season, alternating between wins and losses.
Hapoel Bank Jahav Jerusalem have lost their last game on the road in Patras and are looking to get back to winning ways. The Israelis have won their last four contests against Turkish opponents and will be looking to make it five on Thursday.
After their win against SL Benfica, Galatasaray EKMAS will be looking to get some momentum going their way as they face a potentially crucial contest against Jerusalem. Ismet Akpinar, the 22-points hero against the Portuguese, will be looking to repeat his performance.
For the visitors, Levi Randolph is seven points shy of the 900 mark. The Alabama native would become only the third player to reach that milestone after Vojtech Hruban and Giorgi Shermadini.
Watch Galatasaray EKMAS vs Hapoel Bank Jahav Jerusalem live on Courtside 1891.