Team USA vs Germany FIBA World Cup Preview, Predictions & Live Stream
- Team USA vs Germany to tip off at 1:40 PM GMT+1 on Friday September 8th 2023 from Mall of Asia Arena, Philippines
- Kerr’s men looking to show Germany who’s the team to beat
- Germany look like the readiest to challenge USA
- Both teams already qualified for Paris 2024
Team USA vs. Germany: USA ready to show the world who’s the team to beat
Team USA rebounded after their unexpected loss to Lithuania with a statement 100-63 win against helpless Italy, as Kerr’s men showed up with a point to prove at the expense of the Azzurri. Even with a part-time Anthony Edwards (3 points in 23) Bridges and Haliburton took the limelight with a combined 42 points, taking just over two quarters to see of Pozzecco’s men.
Germany had to hold their breath until Davis Bertans’ potential game-winning three hit the rim before being able to celebrate their semi-final qualification: with an off night from their star player Schroder, Die Maanschaft got almost on the wrong side of an incredible 10-point comeback in under three minutes from Banchi’s Latvia. If they want to ask Team USA some questions, they’ll not only need Franz Wagner to keep the same level as the Latvia game, but can’t be satisfied with the same level of output from their star playmaker.
As always when Team USA is involved, it will be a game with almost nothing to lose for underdog Germany, looking to use their talent to pull off the biggest upset yet in this FIBA World Cup.
Team USA vs Germany– preview and key factors
Team USA come as heavy favorites, although they can’t afford relaxing against a quality team such as Germany. The ballgame will be decided in the following battles:
- Bonga and Schroder’s perimeter defending – Team USA is full of talent, but Germany’s raw perimeter defending with Bonga and Schroder can limit Team USA’s firepower. Keeping Edwards, Bridges, and Haliburton quiet will be their main job.
- Maodo Lo – Lo has been an effective outlet off the bench for Germany so far. The Olimpia Milano guard needs to go back to his pre quarter-finals output levels if Germany are to challenge Team USA.
- Complacency – Lithuania showed us Team USA are beatable if they are complacent. A switched on team will still be required for Kerr’s men to overcome a tough and competent opponent.
Team USA vs Germany Prediction
Team USA will punch their ticket to the World Cup final with a convincing win over Germany
Team USA vs Germany: How to Watch
This FIBA World Cup Quarter Finals match-up from Manila will be available to stream live* worldwide on Courtside 1891 on Friday, September 8th , from 1:40 PM GMT+1.
- Team USA vs Germany live stream
- Don’t worry if you can’t catch the live action, Courtside 1891 will have extensive on-demand coverage and highlights after the game finishes. For the latest highlights alerts as well as live streaming and premium on-demand content, download the official Courtside 1891 app
*blackout restrictions may apply where you live. Please check our blackouts page for more information.