Germany vs Slovenia FIBA World Cup Second Round Game Preview, Predictions & Live Stream
- Doncic and Tobey resisted Australian pressure in the third quarter to upset boomers
- Schroder, Theis, and Lo pushing Germany in blowout vs Georgia
- Germany vs Slovenia to tip off at 12:10 PM GMT+1
- Germany Luka’s hardest test so far
- Germany vs Slovenia live stream is available on Courtside1891. Blackout restrictions apply.
Luka still undefeated as supporting cast passes australia test
Slovenia withstood an Australia comeback at the end of third quarter to remain undefeated. Tobey provided help with a double-double and Prepelic played a perfect third fiddle to Slovenia’s offense, enabling the undefeated Slovenia to come out on top vs Patty Mills, current Mavs player Dante Exum and Giddey, the last of the Boomers to give up and the main protagonist of the Australian charge at the end of the third quarter.
Germany was able to go 4-0 after Georgia kept on their toes for two quarters. Schroder keeps his fine form, and Theis, Obst, and Lo both score in double digits to keep Die Maanschaft undefeated.
Germany vs Slovenia– preview and key factors
Slovenian supporting cast still main question mark behind Luka’s first place ambitions. This fixture should be as close as they get, with many on-form players facing each other.
The deciding factors in this contest will be:
- Slovenia’s supporting cast. Luka needs Tobey and Prepelic to keep their form in order to come out of the second round undefeated.
- Germany’s scoring efficiency – Schroder has been crucial both as a facilitator and as a scorer, with Lô as a sixth man to give Germany easy buckets.
- Germany’s defense and free throws: Slovenia was able to convert 14 free throws, with Luka Doncic going to the charity stripe ten times. Protecting the rim without incurring in foul trouble will be crucial for Germany to keep Slovenia at bay.
Germany vs Slovenia Prediction
After seeing Luka’s domination against Australia, as well as Tobey confirming he’s a great 2nd fiddle to the Mavs’ superstar, looks like sky is the limit for a Slovenian team that doesn’t cease to amaze. The game will be close, and although Germany’s depth might mean Die Maanshaft can outgun Luka & co. It will be a great game to watch, with first place as a prize.
Germany vs Slovenia: How to Watch
This FIBA World Cup Second Round match-up from Okinawa will be available to stream live* worldwide on Courtside 1891 on Sunday, September 3rd from 12:10 GMT+1.
Don’t worry if you can’t catch the live action, Courtside 1891 will have extensive on-demand coverage and highlights after the game finishes. For the latest highlights alerts as well as live streaming and premium on-demand content, download the official Courtside 1891 app today.
*blackout restrictions may apply where you live. Please check our blackouts page for more information