Greece vs Montenegro FIBA World Cup Game Preview, Predictions & Live Stream
- Tip-off at 8.40 GMT on Sunday September 3rd
- Second Round Group J FIBA World Cup game from Manila, Philippines
- Montenegro kept things close with Team USA in their last match but wasn’t enough to stay in contention for the Quarter Finals
- Greece wasn’t able to overcome a dominant Lithuanian second half and are also out of contention for the Quarter Finals
The FIBA World Cup Second Round comes to its conclusion
Second Round Group J of the FIBA World Cup has Montenegro now eliminated from contention but still with plenty of confidence, after a close loss to Team USA. It was a tighter affair than most predicted, with Montenegro keeping it close throughout. The final score was 85-73 and earned Montenegro respect from across the global basketball community. Nikola Vucevic will lead the charge one last time for Montenegro at this FIBA World Cup, coming off an 18 point and 16 rebound double-double vs Team USA.
Greece was always in the underdog role across this FIBA World Cup and their last match against Lithuania proved to be one challenge too many. After looking like the better team in the first half, Lithuania ran away in the second half to win it 96-67, on the back of another standout performance from Rokas Jokubaitis. In this final Second Round game for Greece, they’ll look to see if Thomas Walkup can keep it going after he had his best game at the tournament, with a team high 21 points.
This FIBA World Cup Second Round Group J matchup from Manila will be available to stream live* worldwide on Courtside 1891 on Sunday September 3rd from 8.40 GMT.
- Greece vs Montenegro FIBA World Cup live stream here
Don’t worry if you can’t catch the live action, Courtside 1891 will have extensive on-demand coverage and highlights after the game finishes. For the latest highlights alerts as well as live streaming and premium on-demand content, download the official Courtside 1891 app today.