Spain vs Latvia FIBA World Cup Second Round Game Preview, Predictions & Live Stream
- Spain vs Latvia will tip off at 9:45 GMT+1
- Group L FIBA World Cup game will take place at the Indonesia Arena in Jakarta for the 2nd round
- Current world champions Spain enter Group L as outright favorites
- Banchi’s team showed their solid system play and are looking to shock the basketball world again against Spain
- Spain vs Latvia live stream is available on Courtside1891. Blackout restrictions apply.
“La Gran Familia” looks to punch their tickets to FIBA World Cup quarter finals as Latvia look for even bigger upset
Spain and Latvia open the new Group L In FIBA World Cup Second Round as Sergio Scariolo’s team easily came out on top of Group G, with Willy Hernangomez leading the way during a comfortable group stage. Latvia are looking to challenge Spain’s supremacy and prove a lot of people wrong when they lace their boots in Jakarta, and want to show the world no one can write them off. Luca Banchi’s team look all on the same page and their system has posed challenge to all the teams they’ve faced.
In order to present current world champions with real threat, the Latvians will need to have a good night from behind the arc, as their run-and-gun game made of transitions and quick threes relies on their shooting. Spain will rely on their raw talent, depth, and confidence to get the best of the Baltic team.
Spain vs Latvia– preview and key factors
Both teams will play the game on the front foot, although Latvia’s system is mostly one-dimensional and reliant on form behind the ark.
The deciding factors in this contest will be:
- Latvia’s three-point shooting. To stay within touching distance with Spain, Bertans and co will need to have a great night from behind the ark.
- Spain’s paint dominance – with Hernangomez in fine form, La Roja will look to establish their supremacy in the paint. Latvia could find themselves in foul trouble quite early, and Spain might have easier chances from inside.
- Depth – Spain’s talent is spread across the bench. They’re a team that has likely got the stamina to cope with Latvia’s fast-paced game and might even outrun Banchi’s men over the course of the game.
- Experience – the Gran Familia have been here before, are the current world champions, and are looking forward to making another deep run in this FIBA World Cup. They will likely be able to handle nerves better than Latvia.
Spain vs Latvia Prediction
Spain should be winning this high-scoring game without too much trouble. Banchi’s Latvia, a surprising team with character and on a upward trajectory, will ask the World Champions some questions and make their life hard. Spain will have learnt from France not to underestimate Bertans and co, and know what to expect if they do.
Spain vs Latvia: How to Watch
This FIBA World Cup Second Round match-up from Jakarta will be available to stream live* worldwide on Courtside 1891 on Friday September 1st from 9:45 GMT+1.
Don’t worry if you can’t catch the live action, Courtside 1891 will have extensive on-demand coverage and highlights after the game finishes. For the latest highlights alerts as well as live streaming and premium on-demand content, download the official Courtside 1891 app today.
*blackout restrictions may apply where you live. Please check our blackouts page for more information.