Spain vs Iran FIBA World Cup Game Preview
- Tip-off at 13.30 GMT on Tuesday August 30
- Group G FIBA World Cup game from Jakarta, Indonesia
- Two teams in different directions are looking to complete play in Group phase, Round 1, positively in what could prove to be an important matchup.
- Spain, one of the most impressive teams so far in the FIBA World Cup, beat Brazil 96 - 78 on the 4th day in Jakarta
- Iran lost to Cote D’Ivoire 69 - 71, losing any chance to advance to the 2nd round of the Group phase
Spain looking to sweep Group G at the FIBA World Cup
Group G of the FIBA World Cup will wrap up play tomorrow (Aug. 30) with Spain and Iran meeting up. Spain, already securing the top spot, will be looking to sweep the group to carry a perfect record to the next stage, while Iran will be hoping for an upset that could help them in the Classification round.
Spain trailed by one point after the first quarter, but used a good 2nd quarter and an even better 4th to come out on top, beating Brazil by 18 points , dishing out 27 assists, while shooting 42% from 3-point range, making 10 of 24 shots. 19 year-old point guard, Juan Nunez, game MVP scored 13 points, with 7 rebounds and 5 assists.
Forward Santi Aldama, who plays for the NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies, had another efficient outing, scoring 15 points, while averaging less than one second of time of possession, spreading around his ball touches inside and outside.
Iran played a close game with Cote D’Ivoire, with both teams hoping to get that first victory. An emotional, dramatic ending saw the Iranians on the losing side , despite strong performances from Behnham Yakhchali with 19 points and Mohammad Amini with 15. Iran will hope to upset Spain and improve its positioning ahead of the classification round.
Spain v Iran – FIBA World Cup Live Stream
This promising FIBA World Cup Group G match-up from Jakarta will be available to stream live* worldwide on Courtside 1891 on Tuesday August 30 from 13.30 GMT.
Don’t worry if you can’t catch the live action, Courtside 1891 will have extensive on-demand coverage and highlights after the game finishes. For the latest highlights alerts as well as live streaming and premium on-demand content, download the official Courtside 1891 app today.