Lithuania vs Montenegro FIBA World Cup Game Preview
- Tip-off at 12.30 GMT on Tuesday August 29
- Group D FIBA World Cup game from Manila, Philippines
- Both teams are looking for a 3-0 record to complete play in Group phase, Round 1, in what could be a fun matchup, featuring two long-time successful NBA centers, Jonas Vanlanciunas and Nikola Vucevic.
- Lithuania, one of the most impressive teams so far in the FIBA World Cup, beat Mexico 96 - 66 on the 3rd day in Manila, its 2nd blowout victory.
- Montenegro dominated against Egypt, 89 - 74 to advance to the 2nd round of the Group phase.
A battle for the group top spot between Lithuania and Montenegro, looking for FIBA World Cup positioning
Group D of the FIBA World Cup will wrap up play tomorrow (Aug. 29) with Lithuania and Montenegro battling for the top spot which increases chances to progress to the Quarter-Finals. Montenegro led throughout the game against Egypt, behind solid performances from game MVP Nikola Ivanovic, with 15 points and the Chicago Bulls center Nikola Vucevic who scored 16 points while grabbing 7 rebounds. Egypt was eliminated with this loss after dropping to a 0 - 2 record.
Lithuania Jumped to an early 15-point 1st quarter lead which ballooned to a 25-point lead after three quarters in their 2nd game of the FIBA World Cup, on the way to beating Mexico by 30 points, while shooting 58% from the field and winning the rebound battle 47 - 29. Rokas Jokubaitis, game MVP scored 15 points with 7 assists, and Jonas Valanciunas scored 15 points with 12 rebounds.
Lithuania v Montenegro – FIBA World Cup Live Stream
This promising FIBA World Cup Group D match-up from Manila will be available to stream live* worldwide on Courtside 1891 on Tuesday August 29 from 12.30 GMT.
- Lithuania v Montenegro FIBA World Cup live stream here
Don’t worry if you can’t catch the live action, Courtside 1891 will have extensive on-demand coverage and highlights after the game finishes. For the latest highlights alerts as well as live streaming and premium on-demand content, download the official Courtside 1891 app today.
*blackout restrictions may apply where you live. Please check our blackouts page for more information.