France vs Lebanon FIBA World Cup Game Preview
- Tip-off at 9.45 GMT on Tuesday August 29
- Group H FIBA World Cup game from Jakarta, Indonesia
- Both teams are looking for their first victory as they complete play in Group phase, Round 1, in a matchup that will feel very differently for the underdog Lebanon, hoping for what could be a great win, compared to France who aim for an honorary W.
- France, a championship-level contender leading up to the FIBA World Cup, suffered a gut-wrenching 86 - 88 loss to Latvia on the 3rd day in Jakarta, blowing a 12-point lead after 3 quarters.
- Lebanon chased Canada from the start, falling behind 13 - 29 by the end of the 1st quarter, and by 36 at halftime on the way to a 73 - 128 loss to Canada, who showcased their NBA-heavy players roster.
A battle for the group 3rd spot between France and Lebanon, looking for FIBA World Cup positioning
Group H of the FIBA World Cup will wrap up play tomorrow (Aug. 29) with two games, the morning edition featuring France and Lebanon who will look to come out with at least one win from the Group phase. Lebanon was never close in their loss to Canada, turning the ball over 22 times and losing the rebounding battle 18 - 36.
France led 33 - 26 after the first quarter and 74-62 after three quarters, before scoring only 12 points in the 4th and eventually losing to Latvia by 2 points. A 3-point attempt by Sylvain Francisco missed at the buzzer, sending France to prepare for the 17-32 classification games instead of the FIBA World Cup Groups phase round 2.
France v Lebanon – FIBA World Cup Live Stream
This FIBA World Cup Group H match-up from Jakarta will be available to stream live* worldwide on Courtside 1891 on Tuesday August 29 from 9.45 GMT.
Don’t worry if you can’t catch the live action, Courtside 1891 will have extensive on-demand coverage and highlights after the game finishes. For the latest highlights alerts as well as live streaming and premium on-demand content, download the official Courtside 1891 app today.
*blackout restrictions may apply where you live. Please check our blackouts page for more information.