Australia v Japan FIBA World Cup Game Preview & Predictions
- Tip-off at 11.10 GMT on Tuesday August 29
- Group E FIBA World Cup game from Okinawa, Japan
- Australia and Japan are both 1-1 going into this game with the winner moving into the 2nd round while the other goes home
- Japan is coming off an emotional comeback win over Finland in front of their home fans
- Australia is coming off a tough loss to the hands of Germany and have a better current +/- versus their Japanese opponents
A pivotal match-up at the FIBA World Cup with a place in the Second Round on the line
Group E of the FIBA World Cup is coming down to the wire regarding who will go into the Second Round. In one of the games of the tournament against Finland, the Akatsuki pulled off the biggest comeback of the FIBA World Cup 2023 so far in front of their home fans. Emotions will be running high again versus Australia and they’ll need to harness the crowd’s energy if they want to stop the Boomers from advancing.
Australia are likely not where they expected to be at this stage of the group phase but still have a pathway into the Second Round. Their last matchup against Germany showed how good the field is at this year’s FIBA World Cup as they played well but it wasn’t enough. Look for Josh Giddey, Patty Mills and co. to come out strong in this one as they have the talent to matchup with anyone at this tournament.
Australia v Japan – FIBA World Cup Live Stream
This FIBA World Cup Group F match-up from Okinawa will be available to stream live* worldwide on Courtside 1891 on Tuesday August 29 from 11.10 GMT.
Don’t worry if you can’t catch the live action, Courtside 1891 will have extensive on-demand coverage and highlights after the game finishes. For the latest highlights alerts as well as live streaming and premium on-demand content, download the official Courtside 1891 app today.